Cannot Format

Go down

Cannot Format

Post by leseil612 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:56 pm

If you remember I kept getting the blue screen of death, as you know I bought a new 1Terra hard drive put my win 7 operating system on that and all was well. Now I have the old drive that contained the OS and although it caused me all that trouble Windows is telling me that the disc is OK but it has been corrupted, it then tells me that if I wish to use it I must format it first. Each time I try to format it I get the message; "Windows cannot complete the format." The problem is because it still carries the Operating System so Windows will not let me format it. Have you any ideas how I can recover the use of this drive.
Each time I go into My Computer and click on the drive, which is now drive "G" it says I must format it before I can use it. So I am back to square 1.
C'est la vie.
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot Format

Post by zebadee on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi Smile
Should be able to format from Disk Management.
Right Click on HDD > Left Click on Delete Volume > Left Click on Format ..............

Follow friendsofudvdr on   friendsofudvdr
zebadee

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:24 am

Martin "YOU ARE A STAR" I have been trying to reformat this disc for a week now. I even tried to do it through "Disc Management" what my thick head didn't grasp, is what your smart head did grasp and that was to "DELETE VOLUME" first. When I look back to the days when totally computer illiterate I first joined "UDVDR" and then moved onto "Friendsofudvdr" you have been a constant guide and mentor to me, no matter how stupid my early questions were you never made me feel stupid but re-phrased the question to something that made sense. Thank you again my friend I will always be grateful.
 bow bow
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum