Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Ashes !! Here we go again....

Post by satrat on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:34 pm

WELL DONE AUSTRALIA bow 

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks.. Just need to play like that for the other ones.

Beefy Botham said we wouldn't win a match.. HA.. what does he know, there's a lot of so called experts out there.

On to the next one. We mustn't get too Cocky.
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Wait Wait... I'm missing something here... I thought we went off for rain late in the arvo... Did they get back on ?
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:42 pm

If the next one is Adelaide, .... Batsmens paradise I've heard. Very flat track.
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:48 am

Alby wrote:Wait Wait... I'm missing something here...  I thought we went off for rain late in the arvo... Did they get back on ?
It was a right A*** Kicking 381run defeat me and my big mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:23 pm

Hey, we'll take the win.

All we have to do now is put a gag on Warner when he's off the field !

Clarke and Anderson had a bit of a barney out in the middle
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:20 am

Alby wrote:Hey, we'll take the win.

All we have to do now is put a gag on Warner when he's off the field !

Clarke and Anderson had a bit of a barney out in the middle
Abit of sledging this is a good one or this   ROTFLMAO 

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:57 am

Do not take The Gabba as a sign from heaven as Australia have not lost a test match at The Gabba for 25 years. We are still in it....You see
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Sledging it's been going on for years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1742234-the-top-10-greatest-cricket-sledges-of-all-time

http://crickitter.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/famous-cricket-sledging-incidents.html
I especially like Ian Healey to Ranatunga.

Spoiler:
Ian Healy's made a legendary comment which was picked up by the Channel 9 microphones when Arjuna Ranatunga called for a runner on a particularly hot night during a one dayer in Sydney... "You don't get a runner for being an overweight, unfit, fat c*nt!"
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Good ones Andrew.
Hey Les... trust me ... I'm under no illusion about the grounds.

The test will be at Adelaide.. who can bat best...
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:54 am

My Aussie pals are keeping quiet when they have every reason to be shouting from the rooftops. I am glad that I am not going to Australia at the beginning of next year, I couldn't stand the sledging that I would get.
What the hell has happened to Mitchell Johnson, he was a laughing stock during the last two ashed series, it must be that moustache
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:23 am

Ian Botham seems to be very quiet as well!!! lol! 

We're not going to gloat les, not till the job is done ROTFLMAO 
Fu Man Chu, has hit his straps. dan4

And there's no way we would pick on you personally Mate.
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:22 am

Just leading you into a false sense of security guys " we have a cunning plan" don't know what it is yet ROTFLMAO suppose we will have to do it the hard way win the next 3 trophy 

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:58 am

That must be the explanation Dave I cannot think of any other reason for our batting. If only I had your skill at selecting pictorial representations I would put one in here.

Thank you for not rubbing it in Andrew, at least we have a Yorkshire lad (Joe Root) to thank for taking it into the last day. C'est la vis.
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:34 am

I think this sums us up or this one

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Took a day annual leave to pick up One of the twins from Tullamarine Airport in Melbourne (from Singapore). Traffic was horrendous both ways in Melbourne. Got home in time to see the last few wickets. After watching yesterday etc I'm thinking the boys had better tone the attitude down a bit. It's very frosty between the two teams. Loose shots from your better bats and Johnson having a purple patch bowling scared the wickets.
Cook had been done with a peach in both innings. Bell who I could sit and watch all day mucked a shot.
On to Perth (Western Australia). and a lively deck awaits....
Broad and Anderson could get some enjoyment. along our boys of course...
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe on Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:16 am

satrat wrote:I think this sums us up or this one

Yep sure does Dave!!!  2-Zip.

I do think the agro could be toned down a bit.  Embarassed
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:12 am

Well done Dave I knew that you would come up trumps, god only knows where you get all these clever pictures to represent what ever is the current topic. Keep it up mate.
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 am

There is still an English core in both Alby and Andrew because I can tell that they both really want Australia to win the series but they do not want England humiliated.
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Everyone likes to see a good contest but not at the expense of relationships. this could severe a few ties if it maintains its present path... if it hasn't already.  I suppose the Aussies wanted to show a positive forceful approach.
Even as a wicketkeeper  i've never directly insulted the opposition (in 30 years of playing) ....even when the umpire (their player) gave not out when the batsman clearly snicked it  to me. It was a blatant cheat as it was the last wicket and would've won us the game.
On the other side of the coin... this current game... We got the opposition all out for 70-odd and had to bat for 35 overs. I opened... First ball dispatched to the boundary... 3 more played ok... then went to hard at one and got a faint edge to the keeper... I walked even though the ump and my partner didn't see or hear any noise.  That's not the way I play....
It's the spirit of the game that matters... to me anyway.

My two bobs worth guys.
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by leseil612 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:27 am

I take my hat off to you Alby you are an honest man, as a fellow opening bat I must admit that I never walked, even though that sounds to be not in the spirit of the game, I will tell you why I never walked.
1. I have been given out twice caught behind when the ball hit my pad, I have been given out caught in the slips trying to hook when the ball hit my cap neb. (No helmets in my day), and I have been given out LBW on four occasions when I actually got a thin bat edge onto the pad. So I reckon that if I walked every time I knew that I was out things would never even themselves out.
2. In the Yorkshire league where I played my cricket the umpires got well paid so I was not going to do their job for them.

I have just remembered another incident which did annoy me greatly, I edged a delivery into the slips and the first slip diving towards the keeper got his left hand to the ball but dropped it, he had, however, obscured the the umpires view, as he rolled over he picked it up again. He and the other close fielder appealed and before the umpire could make a decision I said "He grounded it umpire and then picked it up again". The umpire then said to their 1st slip, "Did you take the catch cleanly" and he said, "Yes umpire" and I was given out. Later in the bar he came up to me and admitted that he had dropped it and picked it up again and justified it by saying, "I play this game to win not for fun".

Having said that, I still admire what you did Alby.
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:47 am

Alby wrote:Everyone likes to see a good contest but not at the expense of relationships. this could severe a few ties if it maintains its present path... if it hasn't already.  I suppose the Aussies wanted to show a positive forceful approach.
Even as a wicketkeeper  i've never directly insulted the opposition (in 30 years of playing) ....even when the umpire (their player) gave not out when the batsman clearly snicked it  to me. It was a blatant cheat as it was the last wicket and would've won us the game.
On the other side of the coin... this current game... We got the opposition all out for 70-odd and had to bat for 35 overs. I opened... First ball dispatched to the boundary... 3 more played ok... then went to hard at one and got a faint edge to the keeper... I walked even though the ump and my partner didn't see or hear any noise.  That's not the way I play....
It's the spirit of the game that matters... to me anyway.

My two bobs worth guys.

leseil612 wrote:I take my hat off to you Alby you are an honest man, as a fellow opening bat I must admit that I never walked, even though that sounds to be not in the spirit of the game, I will tell you why I never walked.
1. I have been given out twice caught behind when the ball hit my pad, I have been given out caught in the slips trying to hook when the ball hit my cap neb. (No helmets in my day), and I have been given out LBW on four occasions when I actually got a thin bat edge onto the pad. So I reckon that if I walked every time I knew that I was out things would never even themselves out.
2. In the Yorkshire league where I played my cricket the umpires got well paid so I was not going to do their job for them.

I have just remembered another incident which did annoy me greatly, I edged a delivery into the slips and the first slip diving towards the keeper got his left hand to the ball but dropped it, he had, however, obscured the the umpires view, as he rolled over he picked it up again. He and the other close fielder appealed and before the umpire could make a decision I said "He grounded it umpire and then picked it up again". The umpire then said to their 1st slip, "Did you take the catch cleanly" and he said, "Yes umpire" and I was given out. Later in the bar he came up to me and admitted that he had dropped it and picked it up again and justified it by saying, "I play this game to win not for fun".

Having said that, I still admire what you did Alby.
Well Done guys  clap clap2 clap clap2 thumbs-up 

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:10 pm

And I totally empathize Les. When I played on turf we had paid umpires as well and I waited on the umpire before walking... That's their job.
Now days in the lower grades we have to central and square leg. Give a bad decision and you cop abuse from the oppositon and a lot of them don't know the rules. Hopefully they might allow the úmpire' to report players who abuse him (like higher grades). Not many enjoy having to umpire so I try to make not so hard. It's almost an unwritten law that unless you're nearly sitting on the stumps there's no LBW which helps. We aren't playing for sheep stations. Play against a lot who do.
All that being said.... If I don't think I'm out I'll wait !

Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum