Help required

Go down

Help required

Post by leseil612 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi Cyber Friends
I have been away for a long time, I actually thought that I had gone to South Africa with my dear wife in mid August, I have now found out that I posted on the 28th August so I must have gone very-very shortly after that as we spent all September, October, November and some of December with my wife's brother and his Afrikaans wife who are both lovely people. Why, you must ask, did this idiot go to South Africa during their winter and then return to England to face another winter, well the reason is twofold:-
1. My youngest son who is in Afghanistan and only god knows where, will come home for 2 weeks leave on the 11th January, he will then go back to that place, for how long I do not know.
2 I am going into Hospital on the 3rd January to have a full knee replacement on my left knee having had my right knee replaced last year. The folly of being a sportd fanatic in my youth......hardly my youth I was still playing football, cricket, squash and badminton at 55 years of age.

So as you can see I have been rather preoccupied since our return. I do , however, have a small computer problem that I would like a little help with. On my return I ran my programme...DRIVER GENIUS.....this programme updates all my drivers and up until now has never let me down. It informed me that I needed a new network adapter which it downloaded and installed on the re-boot the computer showed the blue wall of death. I got it working again with my Windows Sart-up and repair disc. Thinking that it must have been something that I had done wrong I tried to reinstall the new network adapter driver again and....YES... once again the blue screen of death descended upon me and once again I rescued it with my Sart-up and repair disc. I am now left with the screen that I have photographed and will attempt to post it every time I switch on my computer and I would like some dear friend to tell me how to get rid of the screen and just have the computer fire up without showing this screen.

leseil612

Back to top Go down

Re: Help required

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi Smile
Firstly good to see you about. thumbsup

In terms of the current screen (shown above).
Choose the relevant to you.
i.e. If running Windows 7 select that.
Otherwise pick the other option.

If this screen keeps coming up.

Either:-
A: - Edit the "boot loader" using Easy BCD.
If you register, the program is free for personal use.

http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/#

If don't want to register, go here; http://www.freewarefiles.com/EasyBCD_program_21892.html

Easy BCD documentation... http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/EasyBCD+Documentation+Home

Should have one 1 entry.
In your case Windows 7 or Windows 7 Ultimate, not Windows 8.

B: - Use Windows system restore to go back to a point where these problems didn't happen.

Admin
Senile!!! (+ other things I forget)

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com

Back to top Go down

To Give Thanks

Post by leseil612 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks a lot Martin, I chose route A and it worked perfectly.

I have just had my left knee replaced the operation was on the 4th Jan. Things are not going as well as they did for the other knee and I have had to be rushed into hospital to have a Catheter inserted as the old waterworks have been knocked out of kilter, so if I am not around for a couple of weeks you will know why. Happy New Year to everybody....Hope to be back to firing in all cylinders soon.
I will bounce back.
leseil612

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:21 pm

leseil612 wrote:Thanks a lot Martin, I chose route A and it worked perfectly.

I have just had my left knee replaced the operation was on the 4th Jan. Things are not going as well as they did for the other knee and I have had to be rushed into hospital to have a Catheter inserted as the old waterworks have been knocked out of kilter, so if I am not around for a couple of weeks you will know why. Happy New Year to everybody....Hope to be back to firing in all cylinders soon.
I will bounce back.

Take care Les and hurry back
satrat

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 pm

DITTO Les..
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Back to top Go down