Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Go down

Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by Alby on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 am

That's the burning question guys....
The PC in the study is playing up ... becoming very hard to start up... most times all we get is a flashing cursor in the top left corner. a push of the little reboot button usually helps but takes a while... And this is with a SSD. Running Win 8.1. So unless you might have any ideas what I might have to do to rectify the problem... we might look at getting a new beast'.
Mandy is thinking of a laptop, providing it is good enough to handle the adobe work... other than that it'll be playing on the internet...
The laptops portability is a big plus..

What do you guys use ???
Alby
Alby
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 56
Location : Geelong, Vic., Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by sanshoe on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Hi Al, Get one of each dan2 duh , I prefer a desktop, Battery life on laptops is a big downer for me.
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2012-04-22
Age : 70
Location : Right here..Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by Alby on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:47 am

Good point....
Alby
Alby
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 56
Location : Geelong, Vic., Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by Alby on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:49 am

Any idea why our current Desktop is not starting up well when it used to fire up in seconds ?
Alby
Alby
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 56
Location : Geelong, Vic., Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by sanshoe on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:45 am

Hard to say mate, maybe hard drive is almost full, go to my computer and see how much storage you have left.
ssd may be near capacity.
Could be all that porn you downloaded.. lol! lol! lol!
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2012-04-22
Age : 70
Location : Right here..Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by lario48 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:51 pm

Hey Al. Nothing but desktops for me. I do not like laptops. They just seem like "sissy" desktops!  ROTFLMAO

Hey Andrew. Wassup! Where you been. Hope you're doing well.

Very Happy
lario48
lario48
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Posts : 614
Join date : 2012-04-22
Age : 70
Location : Hayward, California

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by Alby on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:50 am

Good one Andrew.... Cheeky bugger !!!!

Must admit ... Always been a Desktop man.... But I think the portability might clinch the deal for her.

I suppose I can then wipe the current Machine and replace bits and pieces that have worn out.. like the front USB Ports... Speaking of which.... would the new ports need to be 'installed' ?? or once putting them in will work immediately ?
Alby
Alby
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 56
Location : Geelong, Vic., Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by sanshoe on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 am

lario48 wrote:Hey Al. Nothing but desktops for me. I do not like laptops. They just seem like "sissy" desktops!  ROTFLMAO

Hey Andrew. Wassup! Where you been. Hope you're doing well.

Very Happy
Hey Larry, I'm well, hope your doing ok, you still doing stuff for 1 click, or has that come to a halt?
Playing nurse at the moment, wife had a fall and fractured right ankle and sprained left ankle at the same time,
so have my hands full with cooking and assisting with her mobility.. She is slowly improving.
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2012-04-22
Age : 70
Location : Right here..Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by sanshoe on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:10 am

Alby wrote:Good one Andrew.... Cheeky bugger !!!!

Must admit ... Always been a Desktop man....  But I think the portability might clinch the deal for her.

I suppose I can then wipe the current Machine and replace bits and pieces that have worn out.. like the front USB Ports... Speaking of which.... would the new ports need to be 'installed' ?? or once putting them in will work immediately ?
Did you check your hard drive capacity for fullness!!!!
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2012-04-22
Age : 70
Location : Right here..Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by Alby on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:10 am

Ouch !!!
Good luck with it all mate.

AL
Alby
Alby
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 56
Location : Geelong, Vic., Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by Alby on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:12 am

Yeah Andrew....
It was only a 128G SSD...

Down to 25G free....
Alby
Alby
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 56
Location : Geelong, Vic., Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by sanshoe on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:35 am

Should be enough free space, try deleting unwanted programs or ones you never use, and pictures take up a lot of storage, apart from that I'm out of ideas, sorry.
sanshoe
sanshoe
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2012-04-22
Age : 70
Location : Right here..Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by Alby on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:55 am

A lot of downloads went on it as well as the photos... so yeah. I'll remove....

Might need a reinstall. I'll wait until she gets what she wants....

thanks.
Alby
Alby
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 56
Location : Geelong, Vic., Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by lario48 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 pm

sanshoe wrote:
lario48 wrote:Hey Al. Nothing but desktops for me. I do not like laptops. They just seem like "sissy" desktops!  ROTFLMAO

Hey Andrew. Wassup! Where you been. Hope you're doing well.

Very Happy
Hey Larry, I'm well, hope your doing ok, you still doing stuff for 1 click, or has that come to a halt?
Playing nurse at the moment, wife had a fall and fractured right ankle and sprained left ankle at the same time,
so have my hands full with cooking and assisting with her mobility.. She is slowly improving.

Hey Andrew,
I'm doing fine. I still copy my movies every week. Any issues that arise, which is hardly ever, I just deal directly with Gregory.
Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she gets better real soon. You take care.
lario48
lario48
Extreme contributor
Extreme contributor

Posts : 614
Join date : 2012-04-22
Age : 70
Location : Hayward, California

Back to top Go down

Re: Do We buy a PC or Laptop

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum