Raspberry Pi 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raspberry Pi 3

Post by SithTracy on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Got a Raspberry Pi 3 for the Xmas.  Had some time today to tinker with it and installed OpenELEC (KODI) on it.  Added a VPN and some kick-butt repositories and Exodus... wow, that thing is a pretty cool little media center for a rather small investment. I am probably late to the party on this one (because I am so busy with my day job and my moonlighting as a photographer). Amazed at what TV shows and movies are out there... I dropped from cable/satellite TV in 2013 and have just used over the air antenna. Wish I would have researched this sooner. Anyone else doing this or something similar?
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Re: Raspberry Pi 3

Post by Alby on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:34 pm

Can't help you you too much Tracy...
The missus and daughters currently use ... Netflix for their viewing pleasures.... on their tablets and Macs
If that's what you talking about .....
Anything else goes by the wayside...like me..
What does it actually do.... just remember ... I'm a bit of a nuff' when it come to this stuff.

AL
Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:31 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:21 pm

Soooo... it's a PC ? or a mother board of a PC ?

Or a media player ?

Alby

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:30 am

It's kinda all the above.  It is a tiny board with an integrated ARM CPU and 1GB RAM.  Storage is a MicroSD card.  I switched it to LibreELEC this am (seems OpenELEC may be dead).  What I love about it is it was a very cheap way to get my Blackhawks games back.  Have watched 2 since I got the live sports streaming enabled.  So far so good... 1080p feeds.

Here is a photo of it in my little plexiglass case I put on it.
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Loaded another microSD card up with RetroPie tonight and loaded it up with some Nintendo NES, Super Nintendo, and Sega Master System ROMS/games.  Brought back some memories.  Kids said, "Dad!  That's from our old gameboys... cool"... they played a bit too.  They also have some old Commodore 64 and Amiga ROMS too, but I have not loaded any (I used to have those systems as a kid).  This is a pretty neat little system and affordable.  Good harmless fun.
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by satrat on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:17 am

SithTracy wrote:Loaded another microSD card up with RetroPie tonight and loaded it up with some Nintendo NES, Super Nintendo, and Sega Master System ROMS/games.  Brought back some memories.  Kids said, "Dad!  That's from our old gameboys... cool"... they played a bit too.  They also have some old Commodore 64 and Amiga ROMS too, but I have not loaded any (I used to have those systems as a kid).  This is a pretty neat little system and affordable.  Good harmless fun.

your going back a bit there Sith you have started me thinking Atic Atac, Chuckie Egg, Manic Miner Saber Wolf ROTFLMAO how things have moved on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum